Wednesday 14 August 2019

Gratitude




Gratitude

It was a vision that had brought me here
And the message being conveyed was crystal clear.
I was not meant to come here as a tourist….
Indeed, I had a mission to accomplish.

Facilitating many a smooth passage
Through the hallowed precincts of the Darbar Sahib….
Was it just a transit
From the sacred sarovar to the exit,
Washing away the impurities
That had accumulated without ambiguity…..
…..Over so many lifetimes?

Or was my soul, like a mighty river in spate,
Surging ahead in search of the ocean
Where it could finally pour forth the ecstasy 
That overwhelmed it,
That made its sheath quiver in bliss?

As the sacred shabads escaped softly through my lips,
My covered head bowed reverently in prayer,
The only words I heard myself say were,
I’m grateful to You, Waheguru,
With your divine blessings
I’m finally here!

© Falguni Chakravarty
Amritsar, 2011


No comments:

Post a Comment