Sunday 11 September 2011

Achaar Party



In April 2011 I became a grandmother and just by coincidence, my journey into 'pickle making' also commenced. Fresh, luscious, green mangoes straight from my garden found their way into my pickle jars and combined with freshly ground spices and smoking hot mustard oil along with the scorching sun of many a May afternoon, they did vie for special treatment on the dining table. They were hot, they were sweet, they were tangy and sour! And.....they had to be appreciated! Thus the idea of an 'Achaar Party' took shape!
Just yesterday I had this bunch of excited ladies over, all set to get their gastronomic juices afire with my array of mouth-watering pickles......and what a treat it turned out to be! Finger-licking, delicious 'achaars' served with a variety of paranthas...... and, to cool our fiery tongues, some  cold, delicious lassi served in earthenware glasses! Just as everyone enjoyed the whole concept, I enjoyed conceiving and executing the idea, creating the special invite and
of course doling out those precious, delectable, tangy gems from my porcelain pickle jars! 

No comments:

Post a Comment